Black Screen after login

Reaction score
Windows 10 loads and all good, after typing in password all good, programs load, then after 10 seconds black screen with mouse cursor active, if I run a command prompt and type in explorer.exe the desktop comes back for 10 seconds then back to black screen, I run a nviadia 460 GTX, I'm assuming theres some driver issue, have installed latest driver but same result, seriously frustrating, can anyone assist?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried disabling the 3D features / setting in the nVidia control panel.
Some have reported success with the approach.
Personally when I install the driver initially I perform a custom install, select the clean check box and then uncheck the two 3D features.
Might be worth looking into.

Reaction score
I had the same problem. My son pointed me to Comodo firewall. I booted into safe mode but couldn't uninstall Comodo in safe mode so I had to use autoruns.exe to keep all Comodo processes from loading at boot. I was then able to boot into Win 10 but had no working internet connection. I fiddled with that for a while and then remembered to uninstall Comodo and rebooted. All was fine after that.

Ask a Question