SOLVED Block spams in inbox?

Reaction score
I looked up a recipe online and am now inundated with spams. Is there a way to block spam in Windows outlook?
Thank you,
JanBD

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi there,

There is a Windows Outlook support page which shows with images and instructions how to achieve this.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...look-com-a3ece97b-82f8-4a5e-9ac3-e92fa6427ae4

I have not use Outlook in years, but if memory serves me correctly there is only a finite number of domains and emails you can block, so take your time adding users to Junk mail status, as you can reduce the number of entries in some cases by blocking the subject or domain rather than just each individual email.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Are you referring to the Desktop Outlook, or the one on line. Should not be so, but they have slightly different ways of tackling the problem.
In my case, my mail server takes care of quite a lot with my address there, but, for the desktop Outlook, For example. click on file - info, and, in the next window "Manage rule and alerts" there you can write a simple script, which can be applied to all incoming mail. In your case, for example, you could specify that any mail containing the word ( your choice -mince?) should be regarded as spam.

Sorry, i needed to return to this post. The suggestions you may get, will also depend on which version you are using. The menu layout has changed constantly, with new versions. Mine, currently, is 2016.

Last edited:

Ask a Question