Blue screen issues since auto update

Reaction score
I've had 12 months of trouble free use of Windows 10, but its been a nightmare since an auto update 2 days ago. I get continual blue screens with 'system thread exception not handled' message and really struggle to recover each time it happens - anyone got any ideas of solution ?

Reaction score
0xc0000221 0xc0000225 0xc0000098

These errors are a pain well I think i have cracked it won't know for a week or two. The PCI Express, PCI express 2.0 and PCI express 3.0 are different graphic cards with different speeds and different packet lengths there is about 3-4 main differences between these cards I have a PCI Express graphics card in a PCI Express 2.0 Motherboard and have been butting my head against the wall for a week now and last night I think I cracked it. Header checksum doesn't match computed checksum this is what these errorss add up to and I believe the header mentioned here is the Header in the graphics that has to match digital analog monitors TV video DVD if the sums don't match when measuring the compatibility of the sent packages then they get disgarded. I know you will read that these different cards will run together MOST of the time but that was 3 years ago before the new complications of the modern computers I haven't tested my theory yet its only a theory so far but if you are having the same problem and you have a matching graphics card on hand I would love to hear if my theory is correct as I am poor and will have to wait to buy a new graphics card which I hope to order tonight as this makes sense to me.....

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Jefferseden,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you able to provide the full error message re your System Thread Exception Not Handled error message.

Typically such errors will list a driver file as the culprit.

The common file that can generate this error is a Display driver, but it could be another driver you have installed too; hence needing to see the full error message.

A couple of things you can do assuming you are able to log in to Desktop would be to:
  • Right-click on Start then left-click on Device Manager
  • In the Device Manager take a look at your drivers for any warning symbols indicating an issue with a driver. If you discover one then consider uninstalling and updating the driver, or even rolling back the driver to an earlier version. The idea here is to get a driver that will be compatible with your current OS settings.

If you can identify the driver via the error message itself, then another option would be to:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • When the User Account Control dialog pops up click Yes
  • You'll now see the command prompt: C:\Windows\System32>

At this prompt type cd drivers then press Enter key which will take you to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers>

Now lets say your System Thread error indicated atiky.sys was the problem driver

At the prompt now type ren atiky.sys atiky.old then press Enter key

This will rename the problem driver and force Windows to seek a new version of it when it next needs that driver (Usually after a reboot of the computer) - thus you are allow Windows to attempt to find the best driver for the detected hardware. That may resolve your issue too.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
The reason it lists a particular driver is because the driver is disguarded as corrupt when the computed checksum doesn't match the header checksum, and I have come accross one other person with exact same fault and he has also miss matched his mb and graphics card as well as me.

It is also no the file at fault because when my dvd didn't install I downloaded an iso and it did the exact same thing so files are not at fault. You may get some machines working but they will stuff up later. Doesn't it make sense to match type of Graphics card with Motherboard?

Plus to date I can't install a system F8 doesn't even work I am happy I have found the cause of this 0xc0000225, 0xc0000221, 0xc0000098. when my new graphics card arrives I think my puter will then work.

Last edited:

Ask a Question