Bluetooth in Windows 10

Reaction score
Hello there!

My Acer 5733 laptop doesn't have pre-installed bluetooth. I'd like to transfer files between the laptop and other gadgets. Can anyone help me on how to go about this. What do I need to have bluetooth if it wasn't pre-installed? Help me please!

Reaction score
A spare USB port and a Bluetooth dongle ( many suppliers) Ideally with Bluetooth 4.0 or even BT 4.0 LE Windows has all the basic Bluetooth functions built in.

Reaction score
Me neither. But Negonsie said 'other gadgets' and I took that to be things that don't have wifi.

Reaction score
Ah, I see. I assumed that any Windows type files would either land on other PC's or, if other gadgets, there would be special instructions. But lets wait and see what Negonsie has to say.

Alan

Reaction score
Ah, I see. I assumed that any Windows type files would either land on other PC's or, if other gadgets, there would be special instructions. But lets wait and see what Negonsie has to say.

Alan

Thanks for the info. By other gadgets I simply mean tablet, cellphone etc. Basically I need an addedicated advantage - wireless connection because I've been using data cables which is not so convenient compared to wireless - in this case Bluetooth transferring some songs and videos.

Reaction score
Hello there!

My Acer 5733 laptop doesn't have pre-installed bluetooth. I'd like to transfer files between the laptop and other gadgets. Can anyone help me on how to go about this. What do I need to have bluetooth if it wasn't pre-installed? Help me please!

Well what I use is Google Drive or Onedrive. What's nice is you can copy the files to those resources and you can share with anyone (as long as you know their accounts)

Ask a Question