Bubbles on screen

Reaction score
I have windows 10. A while back bubbles started to appear on screen when I turned the computer on. I had a problem typing in my password but managed to do so bit by bit. I then disabled touch screen and had no further problems until yesterday when an update to windows 10 was installed. Now I can’t even type in my password as the box flashes black and white, bubbles appear on screen and the cursor moves constantly. If I could log in I’m sure I can sort the problem as before but how can I enter the password. Any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You'll likely need to get into the Windows Recovery Environment.
You can usually do so by depriving the device of power multiple times (as many as three) during the startup process.
That should provide you with the ability to get into the Advanced Troubleshooting options from where you can use Startup Settings
to boot the system into Safe Mode.

StartupSettings.PNG

Reaction score
If i was I would insert a Bootable USB or DVD as your case needs, turn on computer and F-key menu (possible f11 or f12) and select the Bootable USB or DVD, then do a repair install. this is allowed as Recommended by MS to fix a borked - corrupted Install. You also have the ability to boot to BIOS (usually F2 or F6) and bypass the normal and boot directly for USB/DVD.

Reaction score
I have windows 10. A while back bubbles started to appear on screen when I turned the computer on. I had a problem typing in my password but managed to do so bit by bit. I then disabled touch screen and had no further problems until yesterday when an update to windows 10 was installed. Now I can’t even type in my password as the box flashes black and white, bubbles appear on screen and the cursor moves constantly. If I could log in I’m sure I can sort the problem as before but how can I enter the password. Any ideas?

Bubbles and cursor jumping on your Windows 10 laptop can be due to outdated drivers. Having said that, we suggest performing the methods below and see if it makes any difference.

Method 1:
We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.
  1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
  2. Select Troubleshooting.
  3. Select View all on the top left corner.
  4. Click on Hardware and Devices.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
  6. Check if issue persists.
Check for the issue, if it persists move to next method.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Human Interface Devices driver and check the issue.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the drivers:
  1. Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
  2. Search for Human Interface Devices and expand it.
  3. Right click on the Touchscreen and select Uninstall.
  4. Restart your computer. Windows will install the generic drives after you restart.
Feel free to update us with the results.

Reaction score
Bubbles and cursor jumping on your Windows 10 laptop can be due to outdated drivers. Having said that, we suggest performing the methods below and see if it makes any difference.

Method 1:
We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.
  1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
  2. Select Troubleshooting.
  3. Select View all on the top left corner.
  4. Click on Hardware and Devices.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
  6. Check if issue persists.
Check for the issue, if it persists move to next method.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Human Interface Devices driver and check the issue.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the drivers:
  1. Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
  2. Search for Human Interface Devices and expand it.
  3. Right click on the Touchscreen and select Uninstall.
  4. Restart your computer. Windows will install the generic drives after you restart.
Feel free to update us with the results.
Either way sounds good but doesn’t help when I can’t type in password to open up the computer. Thanks anyway.

Regedit32

Reaction score

If you are going to copy & paste someone else's Forum thread to our Forum, atleast have the courtesy of giving credit to its author!

Before you do this, read the entire thread, as the advice given in this pirated thread, was based on previous instructions.

For the record: Credit to Michelle Vil (Microsoft Agent | Moderator)

Regedit32

Reaction score
Magpie,

I'm not familiar at all with the symptoms you have described, but it sure sounds like it may be related to a Graphic driver issue.

Given you mentioned 'after an update ' I am thinking if you manage to sign-in it might be worth rolling back your graphic driver, as opposed to seeking an update for one.

As you are able to get to the sign-in screen, you may be able to get to troubleshooting by holding down your Shift key while at the same time clicking the power icon on the bottom right of screen and selecting restart

If you can't do this because of the bubble issue, then Troubles post above is an alternate means to get to this troubleshooting screen [ i.e. the power down computer 3 times as its booting ]

When you manage to get to troubleshooting screen, as you tap through the options you will see one of the options is to uninstall feature updates. As you stated the trouble started again after an update, perhaps using this option might get you to a point where you can then do a thorough check of your computer.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Ask a Question