Build 14332 Bug Bash

Reaction score
Got it on my laptop. Seems to hang at 99% complete but after a hard boot ( power switch, somes up and say 100% and continues and seems to be fine so far

Reaction score
THis build won't install on my desktop. Gets to the end of the loading programs and drivers ( about 79%) and then tries to restart and fails coming up with a message that it failed...does this twice ( taking several minutes each time ) and then after the failed start restarts into the previous build (328). I think it might have done this whole thing earlier but I did not see it as I was out. Looks as if it is using the same download each time. Maybe I should get rid of that file and force it to download again. This old desktop I use for Insider has been rock solid reliable for over a years worth of builds.

Event Tracking Fatal ERROR

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally! sfc and dism found no problems. Defender and malwarebytes found no problems I deleted the Update download file to force it to redownload and it worked!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hope it was worth it.
I finally gave up and did a custom clean install.
Both the upgrades (Physical machine and VM) worked for me but contained a number of little niggling problems
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/build-14328.8663/#post-39480
So I just wiped and clean installed from ISO.
Seems like everytime I do an upgrade to a new build, I end up with one or two minor issues and almost, without fail they always involve one or more of the Universal Apps.
I don't ever seem to have any problems with the Operating System, none of the reboot loops, hung installs, password problem, user profile corruption, etc., etc.
Just the dang Universal apps.
This time it was Photos, Groove Music and Movies & TV. Three apps that I never use anyway but still would expect them to work as advertised.
Which they do, NOW, after a clean install.

Reaction score
1/2 hour after I last posted I rebooted and after that it just would not boot at all. I tried ALL of the various things including safe mode. Just the same blue screen. I did a rest and that did not help. Took out the RAM and replaced it checked the memory etc using a Linux distro. The cpu is an ancient Intel Core 2 and it ran all the insider builds up to this one which as I said above it ran exactly once. I think the Core 2 is at the old age limit for chips with the right instruction set, this one is an early 2009 version.

I could have stayed on 328 but it would be trying and failing with 332 every day forever.

When 332 is in the slow ring I'll download it and boot cleanly from the ISO and see what happens.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check you PMs
I put something there, that might help.
Let me know.

Reaction score
Got it. Put on a usb drive with Rufus. Machine would not boot from it although Bios was set up to boot 1st from USb. So ran setup from within Windows 10 and it immediately asked for a product key with no skip being offered.

Reaction score
Got it. Put on a usb drive with Rufus. Machine would not boot from it although Bios was set up to boot 1st from USb. So ran setup from within Windows 10 and it immediately asked for a product key with no skip being offered.

This has happened to me in the past. Put the ISO on your hard drive and extract it with Winrar , then just click the install , it should work.

Ask a Question