Build 14393 --RTM?

Reaction score
Microsoft today released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14393 for PC and Mobile to the Slow ring. The build was released to the Fast ring on Monday.

According to many sources, build 14393 is the RTM build, meaning that it's the same one that non-Insiders will see as the Anniversary Update in a couple weeks. Because of this, there are no new front-facing features in the build. Instead, it focuses on fixes and improvements.

In fact, there are no known issues for the PC build. There was a driver issue for the Surface Pro 4 and Book, but that has since been updated through Windows Update. The Mobile build contained three known issues, but one was patched through an update to the Wallet app.

If you've got an Xbox One that's running the Preview Program or Dev Mode, you'll find that it's running build 14393 as well. With the Xbox One, Fast, and Slow rings all on the same build of Windows 10, it very well could be the RTM build. The next step would be for it to reach the Release Preview ring, before going to Production.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1...available-in-the-slow-ring/#comment-597505072

rs1.PNG

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a string. It was only the one machine, but still shouldn't have been updated to a failed boot. I'm not really all that upset, but I do question competence. After all MS is putting their competence level on the table by forcing updates so strictly. I do hope this is not an indication as to the final and it bricks a good portion of user's operating systems.

Reaction score
I guess it is time to stop calling this an RTM, It is an acronym , still used generally so maybe, one day, it will be incorporated into the dictionaries as a new name for a final release. I understand that MS are still having minor issues with internet connections, on certain models and phones, so we will see new build numbers before August 2nd.

Cliff seems to have a couple of minor incidents. I have an old i5 constantly running to catch build updates. In the case of this one, when I woke in the morning, it was waiting for a reboot. After that it took a while, but, when complete, I was unable to fault it. It was almost like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Reaction score
On a recently upgraded machine, I have been presented with(at shutdown) "Update and shut down" or "Update and restart". Both options fail and I get the message, "Windows updates failed and is reverting back" or similar wording. Next time want to shut down, same thing happens.
I assume this a new build that is having this problem and not normal updates.
Any thoughts on this?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Reaction score
I guess it is time to stop calling this an RTM, It is an acronym , still used generally so maybe, one day, it will be incorporated into the dictionaries as a new name for a final release. I understand that MS are still having minor issues with internet connections, on certain models and phones, so we will see new build numbers before August 2nd.

Cliff seems to have a couple of minor incidents. I have an old i5 constantly running to catch build updates. In the case of this one, when I woke in the morning, it was waiting for a reboot. After that it took a while, but, when complete, I was unable to fault it. It was almost like waiting for the other shoe to drop.
It is what it is. Final Build Release maybe FBM

Reaction score
I doesn't really matter as long as it is the same build. If that is going to be the name after release, might as well be the same before release.

Reaction score
there is chatter on twitter about a 14393.3 build. This one probably has that patch Dona tlaked about. I don't understand why it cannot just be a CU. But maybe it is..It will be the same build.

Reaction score
I doesn't really matter as long as it is the same build. If that is going to be the name after release, might as well be the same before release.
I don't see any reason why it should be. The name of the update is not very important, as the majority of users will not know of it anyway. But after? Could follow the trend of Windows 8 and just be called 10.1, but I suspect, in spite of its possible size, it will just go on being called Windows 10.

Reaction score
there is chatter on twitter about a 14393.3 build. This one probably has that patch Dona tlaked about. I don't understand why it cannot just be a CU. But maybe it is..It will be the same build.
Dona confirmed this to me via Twitter but she would not tell me when

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure if it holds any particular relevance as to what the build number will end up being when it's all said and done. It'll be what it'll be, but.....
Today is Friday and they've been pretty consistent recently with builds on Tuesdays and Fridays so we'll see what today might bring, if anything.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Got it..... thanks.
Doesn't exactly clarify anything, but....
Nice to see it didn't apparently break anything.

I'm trying to remember when the last time was that we had a cumulative update on an Insider Preview.
Just wondering if the fact that they hit it with a cumulative update means anything.
The twitterverse is not saying much.

Reaction score
I think there will be a 'build' next week that will be the official Anniversary Edition.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK.....
mspoweruser.com and some others are insisting that we have the final release already and the fact that we got a cumulative update lends some credence to that
Microsoft is releasing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update RTM to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring.
SOURCE: http://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-releases-windows-10-anniversary-updates-rtm-to-insiders/

I noticed, having performed a clean install of 14393 it went on, just like a normal full install and I actually had to reset it to "Get Insider Builds", otherwise it just activated like it was a normal install without expiration.
Additionally, I noticed, that even after joining it back to the Insider Program, I had to switch to Fast Ring to get the .3 cumulative update.

It'll be interesting to wait and watch

Reaction score
There are still some bitching about the build number. It is a number MS can make it any number. One said it should be 14400 . What difference does it make.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep....
We've had 10240 and then 10586
I suppose I can live with 14393 or even 14393.x
I'm in the who cares line.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We have fixed an issue where keyboard input on some Windows tablet devices would not rotate to landscape normally.
We have fixed an issue that results in Windows Updates being delayed on systems with Connected Standby.
We have fixed a problem with text input with Korean Input Method Editor (IME) in some Store apps.
We fixed an issue causing Store apps to stop launching due to a licensing issue.
We have fixed an issue with apps that synchronize using DDE for inter-process communication.
SOURCE: https://t.co/pxT8i3NFJJ
NOTE: link opens insider hub / feedback hub

Boy do I hope that fourth one does the trick, That has been a source of some irritation after some of my build upgrades.

Ask a Question