Build 16299.15

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
For fast ring insiders
UPDATE 10/2: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299.15 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As we prepare to release the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to the world on October 17th, we will now start testing out servicing this build with the Cumulative Updates via Windows Update.
So maybe no more "builds" just "Cumulative Updates" incrementally bumping the build number.

SOURCE:
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...r-preview-build-16299-pc/#KEZe2kUIpDHd0JqF.97

Interesting observation here
although not confirmed by Microsoft, this latest build might also likely be the final RTM build for the upcoming Fall Windows 10 featured update.
SOURCE: https://www.onmsft.com/news/microso...-build-16299-15-to-fast-ring-windows-insiders

Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe I should be looking at making an ISO with this release??

Reaction score
Downloaded fast, installed fast. So I did my usual checks, did a Macrium image and turned off the laptop until the next one.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
In the mean time.....
Did everyone who downloaded this build get this during the process??

Capture.PNG

Not of any particular concern.
Just have never seen anything like it during any of the previous builds, that I recall.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As I have done in the past, to test to see if a build is likely the RTM, I removed one of my insider machines from the program.

Capture1.PNG

Which seems to verify that this is very likely the RTM version that will be released to the public, two weeks from today.

Capture.PNG

Now it remains to be seen if this machine will receive the Cumulative Updates to come for this build, which I expect to arrive shortly, but certainly no later than next Tuesday, which is normally Update Tuesday.

Reaction score
I've done the same. I think the update probe will see the installed OS as the thing and carry on a normal with all updates.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've done the same. I think the update probe will see the installed OS as the thing and carry on a normal with all updates.
I believe so as well.
I guess we'll see.
I have already received Defender updates as normal since exiting the Insider Program, so I suppose that is a good sign.

Reaction score
I installed this and had the same problem. My PC will not come out of sleep without restarting so I am staying on The CU say F the FCU:);):p:rolleyes::oops:

Reaction score
Got it too very fast but before it restarted I made an ISO of it. So far it works like it did before....

and no watermark or expiration date

Reaction score
I believe so as well.
I guess we'll see.
I have already received Defender updates as normal since exiting the Insider Program, so I suppose that is a good sign.
Hi. I know you are a Acronis user. I was playing with all aspects of this release. I decided to try a backup. I had a lot of difficulty auto booting Acronis on a USB or CD. It may have been a minor hiccup on my computer. Got there after a few reboots. But, for the future, it might be a consideration.

Reaction score
Got it too very fast but before it restarted I made an ISO of it. So far it works like it did before....

and no watermark or expiration date
I did the same. The installation from the ISO went smoothly also.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I had a lot of difficulty auto booting Acronis on a USB or CD
Generally booting from external media doesn't have too much to do with the Operating System, except in instances where it is not really shutting down or is booting so quickly that attempts to evoke a boot menu is bypassed.
OR
The media itself is not properly constructed to boot the system in the case of UEFI or Legacy MBR.

That's about the only issues I've ever come across when booting to Acronis Rescue Media, which more or less applies to any external media I've used to boot a system.

Reaction score
Tks. For the heck of it, I put the original Windows 10 OS back on. No problem with autobooting!! Put the RTM back on - Auto booting problems. I'll have to investigate what is going on here!!! (Or change to Eusus!)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not too sure about auto-booting or what the installed OS might have to do with it, since it is determined by the BIOS, long before the bootstrap process hands anything over to the OS, but....
Generally, I use the F key to evoke the boot menu,
Dell = F12, HP = Esc, etc. and pick from the available boot devices at that time.

Reaction score
OK. I think I have it sorted.
Some time very recently, I had set the Optic drive as my boot device - that is not my normal default setting. It seems that my Acronis was getting a little confused with which option to boot, as I had put the cd in,
I have no idea why it should happen, but it is solved..

Ask a Question