Build 16299.15

Reaction score
[QUOTE="
Is it the latest stable version?[/QUOTE]

So far, yes. No more, apparently - at least, so far.

Reaction score
This posting is in the Windows Insider section of the Forum.

The latest Insider Preview I have on both of my IP computers is Version 1709 Build 17046.1000.

The latest RTM/Release to Market/Manufacturing I have is Version 1709 Build 16299.64.

It is very important, even critical, to use the proper section of a Forum as the IP version is a test/BETA release, things won't always work the same as in the RTM version. And it is important to know exactly which version a person is running for the same reason, both Version and Build numbers.

Reaction score
Agreed also. The thread, including one from me, became a little confusing a few posts away. I would say that, now the build numbers are drifting apart, it may not be so prevalent from this time. The moderators will have to keep a close eye on it, as it can be very confusing for members.

Reaction score
Agreed also. The thread, including one from me, became a little confusing a few posts away. I would say that, now the build numbers are drifting apart, it may not be so prevalent from this time. The moderators will have to keep a close eye on it, as it can be very confusing for members.
until the next RTM release...... then it will start over.....:confused: :D:D

Reaction score
I have no idea how complicated the coding would be, but maybe some kind of flag or popup, if a user strays into this section??

Reaction score
I don't see that helping. It may be a question of how a user arrives on the forum. That would be according to his interests. In my case, for example, I am only interested in new posts. When I open the site, this is what I see. I scarcely look at the , almost impossibly to read underscript, which says which particular section it is in. if I see a comment, as in Post #40, I tend to plunge in and answer it. To be fair, even looking back from that post, it It not at a glance, that easy to discern that the discussions are concerning Insider builds. Build Numbers, to the ordinary user seeking for help and info, would be meaningless.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Reaction score
I just posted that for information, the IP/Insider Preview carries its own expiration date when putting winver in the Windows key + R dialog box. On both of my IP computers with Version 1709 Build 17046.1000 it is 07/02/18.

Ask a Question