SOLVED Can anybody solve this conundrum for me?

Reaction score
I am disabled and so use speech recognition. On my old laptop, I could say, "open my Documents" and my documents folder would open. This showing the location:

This PC > Documents.

On my new laptop, if I say, "open my Documents," I get the OneDrive documents folder opening showing the location:

OneDrive > Documents.

I’m sure it is something to do with changing the path somehow. I’ve tried to do this but failed miserably. Has anybody got any ideas on this conundrum please?

HB

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
On you old laptop, what version of windows did it have?

Do you use onedrive? If not just uninstall it.

Reaction score
I thought this website helped people solve problems in Windows 10.

This website used to have intelligent experts in it with solid answers to the questions posed.

Is there anyone else with an ounce of sense that can answer this problem for me please?

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, please do not answer!

Thanks

HB

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Wow....
I would have expected, someone claiming a disability to be much more considerate and a lot less condescending and critical.
For example...
I would never presume to criticize you for not mentioning in your OP, which "speech recognition" software you are using.
Native built in Cortana
Dragon Naturally speaking
Something more sophisticated as used in some top tier institutions???

But then.... that's just me.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I thought this website helped people solve problems in Windows 10.

This website used to have intelligent experts in it with solid answers to the questions posed.

Is there anyone else with an ounce of sense that can answer this problem for me please?

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, please do not answer!

Thanks

HB

NO different then going to the doctors office for the fist time (as with each post).....back ground information must be obtained in order for the doctor to proceed with the examination. So the doctor has an idea of where to start looking.

Since you don't want to give such information.....then you can pay the doctor visit fee and feel free to leave.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Now that nonsense is out of the way. You previous OS seems to not have OneDrive but who knows as you want say so you have a file explorer that free of OneDrive. We can only assume as much. Now with windows 10 it has OneDrive built into the OS and then add in the fact the MS has integrated it with file explorer.....This is why you see what you see now.

So you have to options to get your OS to behave like your old OS: 1. is to simply disable Onedrive from starting up at all. 2. is to completely uninstall it.

Reaction score
On you old laptop, what version of windows did it have?

Do you use onedrive? If not just uninstall it.

Seeing as we are in a Windows 10 website, I thought you might have guessed that I was talking about Windows 10.

I conversed about OneDrive with bassfisher6522 not that long ago on October 24th. You must remember from that thread that I do use OneDrive and that I do not want to get rid of it.

All I got was his disdainful dislike for OneDrive never bothering to answer my question constructively. See the thread below. His answer was telling me not to bother at all with OneDrive and just uninstall it. How is that answering my question?

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...thers-folder-path-location.22223/#post-116005

NO different then going to the doctors office for the fist time (as with each post).....back ground information must be obtained in order for the doctor to proceed with the examination. So the doctor has an idea of where to start looking.

Since you don't want to give such information.....then you can pay the doctor visit fee and feel free to leave.

Doctors also take records on who they had spoken to in the past so that they know what they have said before regarding the symptoms.

Wow....

I would have expected, someone claiming a disability to be much more considerate and a lot less condescending and critical.

For example...

I would never presume to criticize you for not mentioning in your OP, which "speech recognition" software you are using.

Native built in Cortana

Dragon Naturally speaking

Something more sophisticated as used in some top tier institutions???

Fair enough, I admit I should have mentioned this. I am a tetraplegic, paralysed from the neck down so I use Dragon Speech Recognition. With this software I can dictate and move around the computer as an able-bodied person can.

Just to clarify, I have migrated from the latest version of Windows 10 from my old computer to the same on my new computer. Thanks.

HB

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Seeing as we are in a Windows 10 website, I thought you might have guessed that I was talking about Windows 10.
New laptop yes....old laptop...no idea.

I conversed about OneDrive with bassfisher6522 not that long ago on October 24th. You must remember from that thread that I do use OneDrive and that I do not want to get rid of it.
I answer a lot of posts.....I don't keep track of what or when I reply to post.

Doctors also take records on who they had spoken to in the past so that they know what they have said before regarding the symptoms.
Yes.....but forums don't, there's no paper trail to follow.

The fact remains....that Onedrive is heavily integrated into the OS. With MS adding CU's once a month then the feature updates twice a year....there are changes to the OS. Obviously there's been a change to how onedrive interacts with file explore from your old laptop to your new laptop.

Reaction score
Again, no constructive answer to my question so you obviously do not know how to solve it. I’d sit this one out bass and answer a question you do know the answer to.

I remember the days when knowledgeable people like Regedit, davehc were in these forums. Yes, even the Noob Whisperer, Trouble himself was very helpful. You were more likely to get an instant solution from people like these who knew what they were talking about.

Even giving out the speech recognition product I was using, as asked for, still did not render an answer for me.

Hay ho, such is life.

HB

Ask a Question