Can I disable Sysprep?

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba laptop with an Intel Core i5 processor and 8 GB of RAM. It takes 3 minutes and 20 seconds to boot. Over 92 seconds of that is taken up by something called "Sysrep Generalize Drivers." Is that something that can be safely disabled without how the machine runs?

Here's a photo of the startup manager:
3 min 20 sec.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. "Startup" has only 7 programs starting with Windows, and they are all of minor impact. But you can see from my photo that 165 programs and services are starting with Windows, and a single one of them is responsible for half of the entire startup time.

Reaction score

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sysrep Generalize Drivers
First of all your post title uses the word "sysprep" and the body of your post text uses the word "sysrep"
Sysprep is a tool used on Windows imaged system to remove unique general information and to the best of my knowledge does not impact drivers, so.... that's confusing.
I have not seen nor am I familiar with "Startup Manager" pictured in your OP. It looks like a third party overlay or reproduction of Task Manager with a pretty layout.

The Windows Services tab that is pictured in you image above is important as many of the items listed there are critical for the OS to function properly.
AND
I don't see any reference to Sysprep or Sysrep

I know that I wouldn't want my system Sysprep'd at every startup and that is almost certainly not happening as you would be creating a new user profile everytime.
I also wouldn't want my "drivers generalized" whatever that means.

Pretty sure you have a third party software issue.
It might be some piece of bloatware from the system manufacturer
OR
Something that you've installed yourself.

Ask a Question