'Cannot Connect To This Network'

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trying to connect to my school's wifi but whenever I type in my username and password and click connect it says 'continue connecting? If you expect to find <network name> in this location, go ahead and connect. Otherwise it may be a different network with the same name' and when I click connect again it says it cannot connect to this network.

If anyone has any solutions to this please let me know because it's driving me crazy.

Thanks!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Have you asked your School's IT staff whether your account is activated?

Reaction score
It's definitely activated, I can connect to the wifi on my phone just not on my laptop, a few other people are having the same problem as well

Regedit32

Reaction score
So what happens if you turn your phone off then try to connect.

I assume if phone is on and connected the Server would not allow you to log in twice.

Reaction score
This may help.
Does your schools use EAP based authentication with, or without, a CA signed certificate. (Many do not, as it is expensive). You may find that, somewhere during the process, you can click the "Don't Warn Me Again" message. Then select "Ignore" and you may not be troubled again.

Reaction score
If something has changed on your school's network, your phone may be caching the old network name and showing you that name. But the underlying connection is not valid. Try press and hold on the network name and delete it. Let Windows scan for available networks and see if it come up again. It should be the new network name. You'll have to re-enter any credentials or pass code.

Ask a Question