Can't access secure websites after upgrading to Windows 10

Reaction score
My son upgraded to Win 10 and was very pleased with the result - all seemed ok. After about 24 hours he was unable to access secure (HTTPS) websites e.g facebook & twitter. Got a timeout and an SSL message.

Other sites seemed to work ok.

Tried rebooting, clearing DNS with ipconfig, switch off firewall, add facebook to firewall whitelist , reboot router etc. no joy.

Sites and accounts worked ok from another computer on the same network.

Youtube sometimes worked - sometimes timed out.

Suspect it was something to do with certificates but gave up after half an hour - too complicated.

Couldn't find anyone on google with the same problem on Win 10.

Gave up and now back on Win 7 (surprised how quick and easy this was).

May try again later.

Reaction score
Well, you have found one other. I only play one game on the internet against others. I am getting the same Server timed out message. The site does not respond when I query it - nothing sensible I can read relating to the problem. I'll post back if I do get some success.

Reaction score
Didn't know MVPs had problems! Thought you only solved the problems of mortals!

Nice to know someone is listening - what's the game? I'm a Hearthstone man myself.

Reaction score
LOL. We have no more "inside" info or help than the average user. Possibly, over time, more visible (to MS) usage. Not a great deal to it, in fact.

Anyway, it is Poolians. I can always go back and play it on Windows 7/8.1, but not on 10.

Reaction score
Just a short follow up, Steve.
Suddenly, I am able to access Poolians. I have no idea if the mod came from the site or from MS.

Ask a Question