SOLVED Can't change insider program settings

Reaction score
This might be the dumb question but here it is...
Yesterday I became an insider, I selected 'Active Development of Windows' on slow pace. Now whenever I open my insider settings it shows 'Just fixes, apps and drivers' selected, even if I change it and whenever I re-open this settings again it resets. Is it normal or did I miss something?

Reaction score
Which Insider version are you on anyway??

this is what mine looks like (Build 18334.19H1_release.190205-1505):

Yours does not look like an Insider (yet)...

Reaction score
Didn't received any insider update yet, maybe because it stuck on 'Just fixes, apps & drivers'.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Could you please hold the Windows Logo key and strike the R key and in the run dialog box type
winver
and hit enter or click OK and let us know which version of Windows 10 is shown

Reaction score
What Trouble posted is the same as on my IP computer. And there's more than 1 Insider Preview type, Fast Ring, Slow Ring, Skip Ahead, maybe more.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I had to fire up my "Release Preview" ring machine to see what was going on and that machine has the same screen as the OP shows.

That being said..... when you change to Active Development have you sampled both Fast and Slow ring choice??
Do both revert you back to "Release Preview" after a reboot or immediately or at some as yet expressed time??
NEVER MIND.....
I just tried it on my machine and it did the same as yours, I rebooted and I was back from a choice of Active Development - Fast Ring
TO
Just fixes, apps and drivers - Release Preview.

I think if I was desperate to change rings I would "Stop Insider Preview builds" (button) reboot and then re-up and pick the ring I wanted.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There is a registry key which might be helpful, IF you're comfortable editing the Windows Registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI\Selection

Possible data values are as follows
Fast Ring =
UIContentType -> Active
UIRing -> WIF

Slow Ring =
UIContentType -> Active
UIRing -> WIS

Release Preview =
UIContentType -> Current
UIRing -> RP

Skip Ahead =
UIContentType -> Skip
UIRing -> WIF

USUAL DISCLAIMER: Using the Windows Registry Editor can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. It cannot be guaranteed that any problems resulting from the use of the Windows Registry Editor can be solved. If you choose to edit the Windows Registry please understand that you do so at your own risk so unless you feel fairly comfortable and confident you should probably not use the Editor. Changes made to the Windows Registry can take effect immediately and those that do not will take effect following the next reboot of your computer, and a current backup is not automatically made for you....So manually create a system restore point, backup the registry and export the key you are editing for safe keeping before doing so.

Ask a Question