Cant Do Anything With My Default Browser.

Reaction score
OK i cant open the browser which is edge BTW. i cant even open the setting menu for it the default browser, or scroll down past m in my start menu i thought it was a virus but i have done all my virus scans and have found nothing and then re-registered edge still didn't work. When it does open it crashes in like 5 seconds.

Can anybody help.

Reaction score
I once encountered similar problem not long ago. In my own experience it is the browser hijacker or some kind of malicious website deletes your original shortcut and pretends as the real default browser with the other webpage. You may need to find the location of your real edge in:
C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe
For Your Reference:http://superuser.com/questions/9504...edge-located-in-windows-10-how-do-i-launch-it
You can also use the manual removal method to get rid of the virus on your own.

Reaction score
OK thanks it didn't launch from that but i did do the spy hunter way and i think it is working

Reaction score
didnt work
What about reinstalling Edge? Did SpyHunter detect anything suspicious? If you don't want to buy this product you can try deleting the threat manually according to the file location, but sometimes you mail fail.

Reaction score
What about reinstalling Edge? Did SpyHunter detect anything suspicious? If you don't want to buy this product you can try deleting the threat manually according to the file location, but sometimes you mail fail.
i have tried reinstalling but nothing and spyhunter did but non of the files it said it should find.

Ask a Question