SOLVED Can't possibly be using this much memory

Reaction score
I was doing some photo editing using Affinity Photo and DxO Photolab 3 and had several photos open at the same time. There's nothing unusual about that; I've typically run 4-6 editing apps at the same time with no hiccups. Tonight things started running really slow and Photo actually crashed. Before the crash I checked Task Manager and it said I was using 65-75% of my memory. I looked down through the list of what was running and there wasn't anything showing to be using any significant amounts of memory, other than Photo (about 1.5 GB) and Chrome (about 1GB). That means all those other items in the list were using up somewhere around 15+ GB. Considering that most people don't even have that much RAM, I can't believe I was using that much. And, again, I wasn't doing anything I haven't done many times.
I thought I would go down the list and actually add them all up but there's just too many!
Is there a way to get Task Manager to actually display the total amount of RAM being used, instead of %?
If anyone can shed any light on this I'd appreciate it.

Reaction score
Hi,

open Task Manager > Performance > Memory and it will show you the total in GB's. :)

1602832303050.png

Reaction score
You can also bring up the task manager and click the processes tab. Then click on memory to sort by memory usage. That way you can see what processes are using the most ram, and how much.

Clipboard01.jpg

Reaction score
You can also bring up the task manager and click the processes tab. Then click on memory to sort by memory usage. That way you can see what processes are using the most ram, and how much.

View attachment 12564
This is great, thanks. (I actually did try right-clicking on memory, I didn't even think of just clicking it!)

Ask a Question