Can't see Win 10 Calendar events 6 months hence. (Although they ARE there.)

Reaction score
Win 10 home
1607 with all available updates applied.
Calendar version: Version 17.7805.42277.0

I can schedule an event 6 months out.
It shows on the calendar for an instant but then disappears.
If I exit Calendar and then restart it, navigate to the month in which I scheduled the event (but can't "see" it) I see the following at the top of the Calendar app.
"We're not able to show you some of the events in this time range. But they're still there--available via your account provider".
If I open my Google calendar, sure enough, the event that I scheduled with the Win 10 calendar app (but can't see), appears.
So I know Calendar is actually scheduling the event.
It's just not showing it.

I'm wondering if there is a workaround for this issue (IE: a registry hack or something) that might be used until MS gets around to addressing the issue.

Thanks for any and all replies.

JustRay in Wisconsin

Reaction score
I DO have a suggestion.
Stop using the Win 10 Calendar app.
I no longer use the Windows 10 Calendar app (Since early January). Instead, I downloaded and installed an app named One Calendar from the Windows store. It can run along side the Win 10 Calendar app, it's free, really colorful, they reply to e-mail questions and most importantly, it works. They have a paid version (4.99) (Although you can use the free version forever if you like) that gives you more themes and colors. I have the paid version now cuz I wanted the additional themes and I wanted to say thanks to the people who wrote this really great app. I would gladly pay MS the 4.99 if they would fix their calendar app so it showed events out farther then 6 months. A couple of days age, I received Win 10 updates (Patch Tuesday) but these updates did nothing to fix the Calendar. If I add events to the One Calendar app, they immediately appear on my android phone calendar and well as my Google calendar. And if I add events on my Android phone or Google calendars, they immediately appear on the One Calendar app. I tough (at least for me) to ask more from an application.

Ask a Question