can't sign on

Reaction score
windows 10 when I try to log on with my Microsoft acct. it says I should use my windows password one more time. When I do an error message says Oops, something went wrong it was probably our fault. I have changed my passwords and still can't get past this. Any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was trying to help my son with the exact same problem on a new laptop he just had purchased for his wife.
I suspected that it had something to do with something he had done prior to bringing it to me, specifically that there was another user on the local machine already linked to the same MS account.
Unfortunately I was not able to investigate my suspicion as it was the holiday an he had to take it an run out the door to keep another commitment with the in-laws.
I was able to configure OneDrive and everything else that required her MS account info, but missed the opportunity to find and possibly delete the other local account that was linked to her MS Account, so he left with the same "OOPS" message that you are seeing.
I may get it back around Christmas and I'll investigate further.

Ask a Question