SOLVED Can't update any software

Reaction score
Can't update anything... I see the issue it's trying to update HP Deskjet 2540 series. I do not have that printer so how do I delete this from my updates because I am getting backed up with legit updates. Please someone can help?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried using this
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
Will that allow you to target the unneeded update?

The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

download.gif
Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now.

Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.

When you click on the download link, you will be prompted to open or save wushowhide.diagcab.

3076930.png

Opening wushowhide.diagcab will launch the troubleshooter. Then click Next to proceed and follow the instructions provided by the troubleshooter to hide the problematic driver or update.

Reaction score
Hey there Trouble...all is well worked like it should have. Too bad they hide these workarounds.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK.... glad to hear it.
I've used it before and it seemed to work for me, but I've had people tell me that it didn't work for them, so.....
Thanks for the follow-up.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question