SOLVED Can't View My Pictures

Reaction score
Hello. I have all my pictures store in a My Pictures folder in Documents. Yesterday I was looking up some pictures. They are all there viewed as Large Icons. When I double click on any of them to enlarge them, I get this error message:

Windows Cannot Find "C:\users\my name\Documents\Our Pictures\Name of Picture\jpg."
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again.

I've tried running a Windows repair tool I downloaded from the internet. That didn't work. I tried a Windows Restore, and that didn't work. The Windows Photo Viewer App is the default app. Any suggestions on what to do?

EDIT: Don't know if this has anything to do with things, but I can't open Microsoft Store.

Last edited:
Reaction score
first thing I would check if the path is correct, meaning open the explorer and go to the folder where you stored your pictures. If that is correct, then your picture viewer is screwed up (I personally do not like the Windows photo app, I am using Irfanview- works all the time). Unfortunately there is no troubleshooter for pictures, at least I did not find it. However there is a troubleshooter for the Store in the Settings --> Updates&Security --> Troubleshooting.

Reaction score
Hi Grizzly. Thanks for the suggestion to use Irfanview. That worked. So as long as I can open my pictures with Irfanview, I don't care about Windows Photo App.

I've tried Tourbleshooting to fix Microsoft Store, plus other suggestions found by googling, but nothing worked. I never used it anyway, so I think I'll just live with it for a while. Maybe try again at a later date. Thanks again Grizzly.

Reaction score
"\users\my name\Documents\Our Pictures\Name of Picture\jpg. "
You appear to have found a shortcut. But, just checking the above:
1. You have spelt your username correctly - worth a quick look.
2. Did you create "Our Pictures"? Mine is just called "Pictures"

A small possibility is that the pictures may be sitting in the default which MS insist on placing there, but which rarely gets used .
C:\Users\Username\Pictures

But the main problem, as you have mentioned the store, is the spelling of the username.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Wolfie...I have Windows 10 version 1909.

@davhc...Yes I created the Our Pictures folder. I double checked everything. All spelling is correct. When I click on Microsoft Store in the start menu, the Microsoft Store app opens on my desktop for an instant, and then closes. No error message.

Reaction score
Hi Spats,

good that you are running the latest version, are you also up to date?. :)

Reaction score
Could be a corrupted Cache.
Do this:
  1. Navigate to the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe in the Windows explorer address window
  2. When in the folder( Local cache ), delete all files and folders from it.
  3. Close the folder and try running Microsoft Store again.

Reaction score
That's not right! There has to be something in there by default??
This is mine, for example, with sub and sub sub folders.. Are have rarely used the store - theese are defaults.

1584939205512.png

Reaction score
I have all those folders you listed. They are all empty except for the AC folder. There is a Temp folder in the AC folder, but when I click on the Temp folder it's empty also.

Reaction score
So. As I said. Delete everything IN the folder, Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe , restart and try the store again.

Reaction score
Well it looks like I've tried everything that has been suggested to me. Still no Microsoft Store. I guess I'll just live with it, or maybe do a complete re-install of Windows 10. Not something I'm looking forward to, so I'll have to do a lot of thinking about that. Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Just one last - maybe a stupid question, but looking at post 4 with the reference to Irfan view. I suppose your pictures are in the jpg format?

Last edited:
Reaction score
And another stupid question. Your picture name as shown is Name of Picture\jpg.
Is that a typo? It should be Name of Picture.jpg

And, to make sure you get the correct path to a folder, click in the title bar and it will change from "This PC > ..." to "C:\..."

Reaction score
Yes it is a typo. Sorry about that. I guess this is more or less solved. Thanks to Grizzly, I started using irfanview to view pictures. As for Microsoft Store, I've given up on that. I never used it anyway.
I want to thank everyone for all the help. Much appreciated.

Reaction score
I never use the Windows picture viewers; Irfanview has been my favourite for years. Irfan Skiljan did a great job on that package.

Reaction score
I have a couple of more sophisticated software programs, but, For a quicky look, the built in paint does it for me.

Ask a Question