Chrome Update popup while using Firefox

Reaction score
I don't even have Chrome installed. I couldn't help but laugh as this is a clear sign of an attempt to inject Malware. Even if I had Chrome installed, I'd never consider updating through such popups.

Chrome-Update-Popup.jpg

Take this as a warning, following such links will indeed install Mal-ware on your machine.

Reaction score
And that's why I run adblock plus in both chrome and firefox. It generally gets rid of malicious ads.

Reaction score
Firefox 43 came out some time ago, maybe 4 weeks. Today Firefox 43.0.4 was released. What the heck is going on with Mozilla?

Reaction score
Bug fixes are supposed to be fixed during the 6 week alpha and 6 week beta stage, not to mention the Nightly stage....
Doesn't always work out that way. New bugs or security issues pop up after release (much larger user base than alpha and nightly build testers). Chrome seems to always have an update or two right after a new release.

Reaction score
Doesn't always work out that way. New bugs or security issues pop up after release (much larger user base than alpha and nightly build testers). Chrome seems to always have an update or two right after a new release.
This is a first for Firefox. I was using Nightly's for years and then switched to Beta and now The "Final" release which went from 43,0 to 43,0,1to 43.0.2, to 43.0.3 and now 43.0.4. No matter what version Mozilla call it, it is still crash happy. I now use Slimjet as a backup to Fx. I have never seen this many released patches on a Firefox final build and I have been using it since Phoenix 0.09. This may change with the next release of Fx 44 as it has some features or lack therof that I find not worthy.

Reaction score
I kind of gave up on Firefox a few years ago, as it became bloated and slow. I do keep an up to date version, as Chrome doesn't easily support downloading flash videos. The last couple versions seemed much quicker though, and I debated moving back to it as my default browser, but I've grown comfortable with Chrome. I've done the nightly builds with Chrome in the past and still run Chrome Canary beta.

I too was an early Firefox adopter (0.7 or 0.8 I believe).

Reaction score
I too was an early Firefox adopter (0.7 or 0.8 I believe).
I didn't switch to Firefox until right about the time Mozilla started with the rapid version numbers. I was happy with Opera until the non-Chromium version started showing its age. I only used Opera for a few years. Before Opera I was a IE die hard.

Ask a Question