Corrupted Contacts Folder

Reaction score
My son move our Contacts folder to the Desktop folder. He said he got a warning about "do you really want to do this, it cannot be undone." It made a mess.

I created a new USER\Contacts folder and moved all the *.contact files from my Desktop folder to my new Contacts folder. I have 2 issues now.

1) My new Contacts folder lacks the attributes of the original Contacts folder (the menu bar options - New Contact, New Contact Group, Import, Export, etc) I cannot add new contacts.

2) When I double click on an individual contact within my new Contacts folder it says " Do You Want To Import to Contacts Folder." If I say yes, it copies to the Desktop folder.

How can I separate the merged Desktop & Contacts folder. I'm really asking if there is any way to undo what the warning message says can't be undone.

Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First have a look at the properties of you Desktop\Contacts folder in C:\Users\YourUserName\Desktop
right click the "Contacts" folder you report as having been moved and choose properties. In the Contacts Properties dialog box do you see a "Location" tab along the top.
If so you should be able to just click the "Restore Default" button or at the very worse use the "Move" button to put it back where it belongs.
You may want to go and rename your homemade version to ContactsBkUp of something before attempting.

Ask a Question