Crash Explores rescources

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with my windows 10
I've always had a cortana in the icon then right of the windows symbol (the lower left one) today I tried to put it in the search bar as almost all windows 10, so the search bar with the symbol of the microphone at Always left of the windows symbol.
I put it right-click in an empty part of the taskbar> cortana> show search bar ... the pc is a few seconds down and then the search bar appears, but immediately after the black screen for a second, after reappearing the screen And then black again for a second, then reappear the desktop for a few seconds and again black (the desktop sometimes appears empty, sometimes with icons etc and it does all this infinitely, the only thing i can do Is to start the task management with ctrl + alt + canc and I see from there that crasha explores resources and reopens.
Do you know how to do it? From activity management I can start new processes, do you know some process to disable cortana or customize the application bar or something else? Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
The first thing you might want to try is clean booting the system
Use Task manager to stop Windows Explorer (right click and choose end task)
Use Task manager Startup tab to disable all items in the list
Use Task manager menu bar -> File -> Run new task to launch msconfig just type it in the box

Basically you're just disabling all the Startup Items and All non-Microsoft services.
Be sure to check the box to hide Microsoft Services, as you don't want to accidentally disable any of those

The explanation is here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
Reboot and see if that provides any relief.

IF not then try booting into Safe Mode
IF that seems to calm things down, try then booting into Safe Mode with Networking and see how that behaves.
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/safe-mode.3/

Lastly, you may want to test a new user account by creating a new user as a member of the local administrators group.
Go to
C:\Windows\System32 ( just type it into task manager -> run new task)
Find
Cmd.exe (IF you are hiding file extensions of known types it may just say "Cmd")
Right click it and choose run as administrator
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
Restart and log in as JohnSmith

Obviously it doesn't have to be "JohnSmith". Any Tom, Dick or Sally should work fine (dealers choice).

Ask a Question