Crazy keyboard problem

Reaction score
Each time I boot the computer I must tell Windows what language my keyboard is set for. I then tell it English/USA and then I can log in. Within the next 5 minutes I will have to do this again. For some reason the system does not remember what I am using. How can I set the keyboard language and perm it in Windows? TIA.

Reaction score
My question would be, what is the connection between the mouse and computer, USB WIred, USB Wireless? Or the older PS/2? If either type USB have you checked your Power Options that the USB ports are not being turned off by Windows [to save power]?

Reaction score
My question would be, what is the connection between the mouse and computer, USB WIred, USB Wireless? Or the older PS/2? If either type USB have you checked your Power Options that the USB ports are not being turned off by Windows [to save power]?

The desktop is an HP. I bought it earlier this month. The keyboard and mouse are wireless and were packed in with the new computer. Thanks for the very prompt response.

Reaction score
Since it's new another question arises, is the Wireless using a 'nano-transceiver' plugged into a USB port or is it possibly Bluetooth [a short-range type of wireless]? I use Bluetooth mice on Notebooks that have Bluetooth as part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter and do see some similar issues at times but mostly with hesitations. Also, I've seen small issues with having USB 2.0 devices plugged into USB 3.0 ports even though USB 3.0 is supposed to be backward compatible with USB 2.0. For a visual identity the center 'thingy' on USB 3.0 ports is usually blue and USB 2.0 ports being black.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since it's new another question arises, is the Wireless using a 'nano-transceiver' plugged into a USB port or is it possibly Bluetooth [a short-range type of wireless]? I use Bluetooth mice on Notebooks that have Bluetooth as part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter and do see some similar issues at times but mostly with hesitations. Also, I've seen small issues with having USB 2.0 devices plugged into USB 3.0 ports even though USB 3.0 is supposed to be backward compatible with USB 2.0. For a visual identity the center 'thingy' on USB 3.0 ports is usually blue and USB 2.0 ports being black.
WoW !! You're good. I would never have remembered the nano-transceiver that I installed when connecting all of the wires and cables. So, I removed it from the rear of the tower and it's now connected in the front USB port. If this is correct, should I have to do anything else or just use it and see what happens?

Reaction score
WoW !! You're good. I would never have remembered the nano-transceiver that I installed when connecting all of the wires and cables. So, I removed it from the rear of the tower and it's now connected in the front USB port. If this is correct, should I have to do anything else or just use it and see what happens?

Ask a Question