Crazy Mice!

Reaction score
I have been having intermittent issue with my mouse, a Tomax MS1829 2.4G optical device. Randomly, the movement becomes erratic and click and drag is particularly weird. I cleaned the optics, which did not help. I put in new batteries, which seemed to help but only for a short while. Finally, I replaced the mouse with a Tecknet M002. The Tecknet initially seemed better. Then, in a few days, it went haywire, too. I fired up the Tomax again and it worked fine – for a while.

I checked my mouse settings and the driver in use. The drivers are mouclass.sys and mouhid.sys 10.0.18362 and noted as up to date. I also installed the software driver from Tecknet, which put some file in the programs(x86) folder but do not seem to do anything.

Can anyone explain why my mice continue to go haywire on me? I makes the machine miserable to use.

Reaction score
update... I've been using the Tecknet mouse and it just got really bad. I moved the bluetooth dongle from the USB port on the computer, which is about 40" from my mouse pad to a USB port on the monitor, which is only about 30" from the mouse pad. This seems to have helped. For now.

Reaction score
The data at https://www.tomaxusa.com/Foldable-full-size-wireless-optical-mouse-MS-1829.html doesn't mention Bluetooth.

2.4Ghz full-size optical wireless mouse that folds to compact travel size
2 way transmission technology, operating range 30 feet
Top IC chip (3065XY) & RF solutions (89P1-E)
Plug and play nano receiver
Windows PC, Mac compatible
Battery status indicator, super energy saving with low battery consumption
Auto shut down feature to save battery life
2 AAA alkaline batteries(included)
Also did not see Bluetooth mentioned at http://www.tecknet.co.uk/m002-grey.html for that Tecknet mouse. Both sites do mention Wireless and the nano receiver/transceiver.

I use a variety of Wireless mice that come with their own USB dongle and I have and prefer Bluetooth mice with several Notebooks which have the feature which usually is part of the internal Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter, nice to not have something in a port that could get bumped. The brands are Microsoft, Targus and one HP. If I need a Bluetooth dongle the one from IOGear works good.

Reaction score
You are suggesting, but not stating that this is not Bluetooth. Perhaps true, but if so, how does this device communicate? What is "nano" communications?

Reaction score
The word nano is used in meaning small. Two types of wireless mice, one uses a small dongle frequently called a nanotransceiver or receiver that plugs into a USB port and the other is Bluetooth which for Notebooks is usually built onto the Wireless adapter connected to the motherboard but may need a Bluetooth dongle if the Bluetooth has failed. Desktops without Wireless can use a Bluetooth dongle to gain that feature separate from the usual Wireless. and thee last few years have seen some Desktop computers include Wireless adapters which may or may not have Bluetooth included.

Reaction score
OK, thanks for clarifying. I switched back to the Tomax mouse and that is also working well with the "nanotransceiver" moved over to the closer USB port of the monitor. I'll keep watching it for a while. It may act up yet - it has been an intermittent issue. (Just to test things, I moved the mouse further away from the monitor - about the same distance as it was from the case - and it works fine. Go figure.)

Ask a Question