Data lost due to power failure

Reaction score
IMG-20200928-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200928-WA0002.jpg

My HDD crashed due to power failure. Now My data is missing. how do I recover it?

I tried chkdsk hangs up after 3 hours tells format drive.

Reaction score
my above HDD quit died. how do i recover the data? Was using Mini tools Data recovery from Damaged partiton.

Please help

Reaction score
Only suggestion I have other than backups is keep all important data on another drive and not (C) the boot drive. even an external HD tp keep another copy of documents, files, folders, pictures, etc.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It'll depend on what is actually wrong with the drive.
IF it is something physical (clicking or the associated drive electronics board prevents any system from booting) then you will likely need to send it off to a professional company who specializes in that type of thing and that is likely going to be an expensive proposition.

There are a number of software products that may help if the issue is a soft problem.
One that I've personally used with some success is...

It's not free, but they have a free trial which will provide some indication as to your likelihood of any potential success.

Of course you will need to attach the problem drive to an actual working computer so it is no longer your primary boot device.

Reaction score
It'll depend on what is actually wrong with the drive.
IF it is something physical (clicking or the associated drive electronics board prevents any system from booting) then you will likely need to send it off to a professional company who specializes in that type of thing and that is likely going to be an expensive proposition.

There are a number of software products that may help if the issue is a soft problem.
One that I've personally used with some success is...

It's not free, but they have a free trial which will provide some indication as to your likelihood of any potential success.

Of course you will need to attach the problem drive to an actual working computer so it is no longer your primary boot device.

Downloading this runtimelivecd.iso

will it recover my 800 GB data?

the site tells this " We provide the Runtime Live CD free of charge for users of our data recovery software. ".

thanks

Reaction score
My HDD while using Ubuntu live CD 17.04 it briefly showed that my HDD has issues of windows has 4096 sectors here it ONLY has 25. so my HDD is unable to show any working partitions.

can anyone help

i already tried CHKDSK /f/r this dint work.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would suspect that the "Live CD" would be used in the case of a machine that was not bootable and would likely provide a means of running their software from the runtime environment (similar to the way a lot of Linux Distros are available as "live media" so you can test them without actually having to install them.

Did you try the free trial version. I know it has a size limitation as to the amount of data it will allow you to recover, but should at least provide and idea of what you might expect, but....
As I mentioned above you would have to remove the drive and attach it to a working computer
AND
As I also mentioned above it's all going to come down to what is actually wrong with the physical drive.

Ask a Question