Dell Inspiron 7537 Nvidia GeForce GT750m Error

Reaction score
I have a dell inspiron 7537 with a GT750m in it. I got windows 10 on it and it works fine. I then proceeded to download the win10 graphics driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us I selected the appropriate one win10 GT 750m 64 bit. Yes my system is 64bit. Then when restarting my computer a Dell logo flashes by as usual and then I am presented with an infinite black lit screen when it tries to start the OS. I can go into safe mode fine with the driver disabled. I disabled it there and have been using my laptop without the graphics driver for awhile now. Attached is dxDiag.

Also note: My windows updates seem to be stuck with KB3069068, KB3069065, and Lang Pack on Demand [en-US] in it's queue.

Build 10130 Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,348

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Apologies..... sorry we missed your thread.
Are you still having issues with your GPU driver and Windows 10 build 10130?
Have you attempted to install and use their latest driver here http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/86512/en-us

It's probably important to note, that in some instances, when it comes to notebook GPU drivers, that only the OEM drivers seem to work reliably on a particular device.
nVidia even includes a disclaimer on that download page.
As part of the NVIDIA Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
I'd be interested in hearing if you made any progress in resolving your issue on your particular device. It might also be helpful to someone else with a similar issue.
Thanks.... welcome to the forum and again, apologies for the delay in attention to your query.
Regards
Randy

Reaction score
I have the same laptop and the same problem, but I'm still on Windows 8.1 Update. My laptop came with Geforce driver version 331.65 driver. The Nvidia app - Geforce Experience - told me that an update is available - 353.30. After I updated, the laptop no longer managed to boot, stopping at a black screen after the dell logo flashes. As with the original poster, safe mode works. I reproduced this multiple times by using system restore to undo the driver update. It's likely an issue with the driver and not Windows.

If somebody solves this or have successfully updated to another Geforce driver version, please reply.

Thank,
Marin

Reaction score
this issue happen also to me! and i've try to install Windows 10... then it update the driver... and black screen.... is it possible to have Windows 10 without installing this bad drivers????

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having the same issues with the dell 7737 running the same gt750m chipset, mine simply freezes when it reaches the log on screen for windows, when I disable the chipset via safe mode everything runs normally. I am running with an SSD drive so its possibly the reason I'm getting a little further on than most of you seem to be.

Reaction score
******Solution*******
1. Enter safe mode, go into device manager disable the gt750m.
2. Restart windows then download the latest driver from the dell website pic of version below, do not run the installation package as it will fail, instead unpack the package to a directory of your choosing.
3. Go back to device manager uninstall the gt750m driver and select delete installation files too.
4. In device manager select scan for hardware changes the when the unknown video device pops up select it and update drivers, chooseto browse my computer for thedrivers, the .inf file will be in a sub-directory of the one you setup in step 2 called display.driver.
5. Restart windows, you will then need to go into the NVidia control panel to reset all your preferences etc. driver version.PNG
driver version.PNG

Reaction score
I'm using the dell inspiron 7537 and I'm having the same issues.
In case of windows 8.1 My laptop is ok with driver version 347.52 but when higher driver it freeze .
when I setup windows 10, first I disconnect internet and I intalled driver version 347.52
It was ok until that time. But I connect internet and it automatically updated nvidia driver version 353 and freeze.
I can`t stop update nvidia driver. now i return windows 8.1 with driver version 347.52.

Last edited:

Ask a Question