Dell Latitude E4300 and Windows 10

Reaction score
I have a work laptop Dell latitude E4300. I downloaded Windows 10 and now all I get is this comment "Intel (R) Matrix Storage Manager optiion ROM v8.0.0.1039 ICH9M-E Copyright (C) 2003-2008 Intel Corporation. All Rights Reserved." It doesn't allow me to type anything.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
According to this http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/latitude-e4300/drivers
Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

Intel (R) Matrix Storage Manager optiion ROM
Would typically have its' own mini-BIOS configuration utility with respect to how the drive controller interfaces with the disk drives (RAID mode OR not).
Perhaps someone at Dell might be able to advise with some specifics.
If the boot process is halting there, then perhaps you might need to inspect the System Setup Utility (BIOS) and see what your boot device priority is.
Be aware
It doesn't allow me to type anything
May be unrelated, if you are using a wireless keyboard or for that matter any extraneous USB dongles support Bluetooth / wireless devices (keyboards, mice, network adapters, you may want to disconnect them and stick with the built in keyboard (which hopefully doesn't require its' own proprietary driver) or else perhaps a wired keyboard (USB) connected to a USB port on the laptop.

Last edited:

Ask a Question