SOLVED Desktop Icons covered over.

Reaction score
Suddenly all my Microsoft desktop icons are covered over by what looks like a foolscap sheet of paper. Icons still have a description of what they do and open up as normal. How can this be remedied? Any help will be most appreciated, thank you.

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

the thread is marked as solved, if that is the case, would you mind describing how you solved it so it helps others please. :)

Reaction score
Wolfie no problem. As an after thought, searched Forums for past topics on this desktop error. In actual fact found several references to what I was searching for solution. As it turns out, I failed in taking a note of the actual entry that turned out to be the perfect solution to correcting my said topic entry. One point that comes to my mind, it was a Regedit entry. Sorry for not being able say more on this matter. >‍♂
Desktop Icons that have an up turned arrow bottom left on Microsoft Icon (Control Panel, Download Shortcut, This PC etc).

Last edited:

Ask a Question