Device driver missing

Reaction score
Tried to install win 10 on my Toshiba laptop. The check said all was fine. I had downloaded Win 10 ISO and made a bootable USB drive. Got a little way and a message said a device driver was missing, maybe a DVD driver, or a couple of other things were named. Looking at device manager all looks AOK. Any ideas?

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's possible that your machine is configured with a UEFI BIOS and using a GPT partition table and that your installation media was not formatted properly to support that type of install.
I would suggest that you use "Rufus" to create a new USB thumbdrive installer setting the parameters to support UEFI / GPT and see if that helps.
http://rufus.akeo.ie/
There's a picture of what rufus should look like (GPT and Fat32) here http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-make-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-to-install-windows-8/
Browse to your ISO and confirm that your settings are proper before creating.
Maybe creating the ISO in that fashion will allow the Upgrade from within your previous version of Windows to succeed.
Just a gues.

Reaction score
To old for UEFO, and I did use rufis to create the USB. I used the mediacreation toolx64 do the install. Took a while, but it's up and running. Only problem is with the Webcam driver. Can't update it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Took a while, but it's up and running
Good news .... thanks for letting us know.
Have you fully updated, just to see if there is a chance that Windows 10 might have native support for that webcam?
There is always a chance that you might be able to install the driver from the manufacturer, using compatibility mode. It might work.
Anyway thanks for posting back and letting us know how you're progressing.

Reaction score
Win 10 doesn't seem to have native support, and compatibility mode, the best I can figure it out, doesn't seem to work either.

Ask a Question