Disable airplane mode

Reaction score
My windows 10 'airplane mode' is stuck in 'ON' and have had no access to wifi for half a year. have asked for help on other forum locations [general; software] but many suggestions and long efforts have resulted in no elimination of the stuck at 'on' airplane mode.
Believe only some basic coding that deletes or incapacitates the whole airplane mode function will solve the problem.
Not that capable of putting together such a program myself, so any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Am using a General Dynamics GoBook VR-2; manufacturer is Itronics IX605
Desktop - 9BVH6QS
Windows 10 Pro
Product ID: 00331-200020-00000-AA704
Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU [email protected] GHz 2.00 GHz
Ram 3.00 GB
64-bit OS x64-based processor
Bios version 116

Reaction score
In such a case I'd go into Device Manager, Network adapters and uninstall the Wireless items, reboot and see if things changed. It's also possible the adapter has gone bad. For a Notebook one can get a USB adapter and for Desktops there's add-in PCI/PCIe cards or the USB adapter.

Reaction score
Have tried all this and have used other network adapters -- nothing helps, but thanks for your concern.

Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is to fully shut down, pull the power cord and battery, remove the back or a panel on the back and physically remove the Wireless adapter then replace the adapter, plug the power back in and try again. Or do the same with the removals and use a USB adapter.

Reaction score
Sounded good and tried both methods [remove & replace installed adapter and then replace with a usb] -- neither worked; what was possibly strange [not sure how things are interconnected] was that when tried a reboot with no adapter installed at all, the 'airplane mode' was still there and still stuck at 'ON', even when all other messages said was no wifi, adapter, etc..

Reaction score
The manual for the computer says that pressing the Function and Caps Lock keys simultaneously toggles Airplane mode on and off.

Ben

Reaction score
Thanks for the research Ben, and certainly should have worked, but unfortunately this airplane mode seems locked in place like cement; multiple tries with Function/CapsLock failed to release it.

Ask a Question