How to disable Hibernation in Windows 10

How to disable Hibernation in Windows 10

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new resource:

How to disable Hibernation in Windows 10 - This tutorial explains how to disable hibernation mode in Windows 10

When you hibernate your PC, it saves your current session to a large file on disk (hiberfil.sys) and fully powers down your computer (unlike sleep mode, that stays in a low-power state). This is a good way to resume your previous work state and to quickly power on your PC, but it can occasionally be a little problematic (often with hardware peripherals or certain 3rd party applications). Hibernation is a very useful tool (especially for laptops, that can save the current work state if the...

Read more about this resource...

Reaction score
Why would anyone want to disable hibernate? Sleep has a nasty habit of locking the system when you open the lid and since it leaves programs open it creates a lot of problems. Hibernate on the other hand saves your work on the HD and when you open the cover you are right back where you left it. I've never had a problem with hibernate and use it just about every night with the occasional shutdown.

Reaction score
Read ian’ post. Advice is given that it is useful, but points out possible problems. It is a tutorial for anyone who wishes to try it - Not mandatory!,

Reaction score
I did read it. I just didn't think it was strong enough. Some will try anything if someone in a post/newsletter suggests it and I thought it would be a better article is he was telling people to use it instead of disabling it. I deal with a lot of seniors. :)

Ask a Question