Disc Management Error

Reaction score
Hello,

My C Drive is full and I have a big empty D Drive so I was trying to merge the two. I shrunk down the D drive to free up a bunch of unallocated space. However, this unallocated space is located on disk 0 and my C drive is on disk 1. So I tried converting the disks to dynamic disks so that I can move the unallocated space to my C drive, but every time I try an error message pops up that reads, "There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation." I've tried with both the disk management function in the control panel and third-party partitioning software and both have failed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
In order to provide any worthwhile suggestions we would probably need to see a snip of your Disk Management Console, so we can see exactly what you're dealing with.
Please expand the column headers to reveal all the information contained there, as below

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question