Disc Search on Windows 10 with Media Dectective software

Reaction score
Hello - I have moved from Windows XP to Windows 10. Previously I could check for any unsuitable material coming on my hard drive using Media Detective software - a range of possible unsuitable images could be displayed and if necessary could be deleted.

However using Media Detective on Windows 10 allows nothing of the sort that I had on XP. Is there a possibility that Windows 10 may not be allowing Media Detective to access everything on the hard drive - in which case Media Detective would not seem to be of much use on Windows 10? Is Media Detective simply getting access to all personal/system folders but not getting to scan other parts of the disc?

Reaction score
You don't mention what antivirus program your running. It's possible Windows defender may be blocking access of media detective to certain files?

Reaction score
Hello Norton and many thanks - my Windows Defender is off [ESET security prog. is running]. This problem did not happen on XP and I feel it would be useful to know what's fully on my hard drive outside my personal files/programmes when I scan the drive on Windows 10.

Thanks ever so. K.

Reaction score
Thanks for that - I've tried to contact the vendor several times with no luck. Their site is dated 2013 but they continue to sell their software though won't answer queries [Windows 10 not mentioned on their site]- my view is that at this stage Media Detective is not producing a satisfactory outcome for me on Windows 10.

Thanks for your interest - K

Ask a Question