Doom 3 does not work with windows 10

Reaction score
I upgraded my windows 7 to 10 and I installed Doom 3 but when i try to run Doom 3 it says: please login with administrator. I am admin on my pc. Why it doesent work. Same thing on Need for speed carbon. But older games works fine. plz halp!!1

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Ozzo,

I'm not really a gamer per se - so I am not sure why a game requires Administrator privileges to work.

That said though, if you locate the Application you click to start the game itself:
  • For example: doom3.exe [ sorry not sure what the EXE name will be as I am not a gamer ]
Anyway, if you find that EXE file;
  • Right-click on it then select properties
  • Click the Compatibility tab
  • Near bottom of this tab place a check in the box next to Run this program as an administrator
  • Click Apply

You might also need to check the box further up this tab next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select an earlier Windows OS too. Again if you adjust this click the Apply button afterwards.

These may resolve your issue. If not, I am sure there are plenty of gamers on this forum who will have other suggestions.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Ozzo.

I had a similar problem with Diablo 3--Every time I smote my foes in the Desolate Sands my computer would lock up.

First, try Regedit's suggestion. If that doesn't work, go to a forum for the games you are having trouble with. Another possible solution is to re-install the games.

Reaction score
I upgraded my windows 7 to 10 and I installed Doom 3 but when i try to run Doom 3 it says: please login with administrator. I am admin on my pc. Why it doesent work. Same thing on Need for speed carbon. But older games works fine. plz halp!!1

have you tried to right click the game and Run as administrator? Does the game publisher support their game on windows 10?

Reaction score
Yeah i have it for windows 10 its a lenovo brand and when i try to run it it plays for like 3 seconds on a black screen then it closes on its own and says an error message but i dont remember the error message

Ask a Question