Drive 1 not found.Serial ATA, SATA-1

rac

Reaction score
I've Dell windows 10 pro dual core2 desktop which I bought few months ago from beaniebouquet manufacturer through eBay.There was free anti virus named "Awast"came along with computer after installing the awast, I got stuck with the problem which was, the web pages were scrolling itself up and down frequently. So I scanned with the anti virus and found seven threads in C drive .Awast automatically fixed the problem and computer restarted again but I was wondering when the error flashed on the blue screen .... drive 1 not found.Serial ATA , SATA-1.Alert failed to detect one or more drive during POST. Strike F1 key to continue , F2 to run the setup utility. Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.I pressed F5 and checked after completing the process I got the msg Pre boot system assessment complete. No diagnostic utility partition identified. Please select ok to reboot your computer .I did it but and I got same msg drive 1 not found.Serial ATA , SATA-1.Alert failed to detect one or more drive during POST. Strike F1 key to continue , F2 to run the setup utility. Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.......what to do now please solve my problem I'm new to the hardware things .....I need your Valuable advice .I hope I provided all the information to you If you need more please let me know but please solve my problem .I let you know one more thing tha there were no recovery Cds, provided by manufacturer. I'm waiting for your reply.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Some OEMs and Dell may be one of them are obstinate about reporting non-issues.
You will probably need to Strike F2 and go into the BIOS and sort the problem. It thinks that it has a physical drive installed that it actually doesn't have so you have to find it and disable it, otherwise it will continue to give the same message when it enumerates the hardware during POST and finds a SATA controller that is turned on and has nothing attached to that port.
This is all assuming of course that if you Strike the F1 key when you get that message the system proceeds to boot normally without any issues and loads the OS as expected.

Ask a Question