Driver for Optical disk drive

Reaction score
Hi, I have a dell Inspiron one 2305 All in one PC. Factory loaded with windows 7, I updated to Window 10. on a Update Oct 30 2016, I lost my Optical disk reader. Also My cortana Stopped seaching, I can't Type in a question at all. I used the trouble shooter it said it cant find a problem. It said the drive is working fine, But its not reading or burning disks. I used the dell fix it and check, it told me to update the drivers. I did it said I have the lastest drivers. I scared to do a reload of win 10 because i have no backup drive it it fails, to use to disk with. help?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button and from the context menu choose....... Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
hit enter
Reboot your computer.
See if your Optical Drive is back.

Reaction score
Right click the start button and from the context menu choose....... Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
hit enter
Reboot your computer.
See if your Optical Drive is back.

Reaction score
Hi, I thank you for your help . I used what you said but it still not reading disks? Any other solution you might know?

Reaction score
Hi, I thank you for your help . I used what you said but it still not reading disks? Any other solution you might know?
does it not read the disks or is it not even present in the device manager?? thats a heck of a difference...

Ask a Question