Driver unavailable

Reaction score
Since windows 10, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my HP 7510AIO multiple times in order to be able to print. Since the latest (of many!) update, I am unable to print. Printer show up in devices and printers, I have the latest driver from HP, but when I try to print, the printer does not show up as an option. In devices and printers, it says driver unavailable. Please help, I need to be able to print!

Reaction score
Windows 10 , all three versions, 10240, 1511 an 1607 all support the HP 7510/7520 on all its interfaces with the HP software. I have a 7520 on Wifi and I have used ethernet, a friend has a 7510 on USB.

A fresh install of Windows 10 1511 will automatically detect the printer... I know this as I had occasion to install a friends machine at my site this w/e and it found the printer and loaded a driver for it.

I suggest that you disconnect the printer, reboot, delete all HP printer software from the machine even those dumb shop for supplies programs and the Windows HP AIO program if you have that. Download the full printer software from HP and install that following the instructions as to when to plug the printer in.

Reaction score
Do you mean delete print and scan doctor and hp support assistant as well? I installed the latest printer software from hp. The printer is detected in devices and printers, but it says driver is unavailable.

Reaction score
What does device manager say under imaging devices and under printers.

If you go to the old type control panel and go to devices and printers there do you see the printer and if so can you print a test page? Right click and go to printer properties.

Reaction score
OK, I'm not sure what happened, but I uninstalled and reinstalled once again and using hp printer remote was able to get the printer working again. Not really sure how I did it, but it's working again. When I tried to select the printer as the default printer, it said that if I did that, then windows would no longer manage the printer? I have no idea what that is all about, but if I have to select the printer each time I print, I will do it! Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
The printer is finally showing up in device manager. It wasn't before, although it was in devices and printers. Very confused, but I can finally print!

Reaction score
1.find CD with the printer, they got drivers in there.
2.you can search on google.
3.for me I use driver talent to install drivers by itself.

Ask a Question