SOLVED Driving me crazy...

Reaction score
Dan, thanks :cool:
Now at least I know for sure that I have the DVI pluged into the graphics card.
Nowhere is there a port marked HDMI - so I guess that tells me I'm not HDMI compatible?

Reaction score
When I click "Source" on my TV remote it lists the ports so if you had HDMI it would say so I presume although my list combines HDMI and DVI.

Reaction score
You can manually change the resolution by going to Settings/System/Display and selecting "Advanced Display Settings" on the right at the bottom. You may have to scroll down.
The current resolution will be listed and in brackets will say "Recommended". But you really do have to load the graphics drivers from your card site.
A quick check to see if you actually have/do not have the drivers is to simply hover over your browsers icon on the task bar. If the drivers are not loaded then you will not see the preview window pop up. Instead it will only show the rectangle with the title. The browser must be running of course.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, unfortunately it appears I don't have the HDMI option... time to look for a new monitor I guess.
But will the HDMI monitor make a MASSIVE difference to my display to make it worthwhile?

Re the graphics drives; I've checked and have confirmed that I do have the latest driver.
Are there any other drivers besides the graphics card driver that I should be looking for?

I wonder if Windows 10 is automaticly adjusting to the specs... I notice that the curser lag has greatly improved recently for instance. Although the cordless keyboard still has problems that are puzzling.

The D-Link modem works now thanks to an ISP update, but an irritating thing is that the desktop icon is actually the .exe and when i click on it the app asks to be installed each and every single time I want to go online. I never had these sort of problems with XP ever.
Somehow that OS knew that when I went to install an app it was because I wanted it there.

Lots to learn, and lots to get used to :)
Hope windows10 turns out to be great when I'm done!

Reaction score
Does the monitor have a DVI port. Just as good. With a flat panel you should be using whatever resolution the monitor says is native ( Dan99's port yesterday) post 23.

As for the Dlink. After the modem is installed I think the driver just comes up at startup and you should just see an icon on the task bar which if you click on it should give you the choice of networks.

Some Dlink wifi devices have a thing called the wifi connection manager. Is that what you are clicking on?

Last edited:

Ask a Question