DVD drive not detected by Windows 10

Reaction score
Not at all...more than one way to skin a media player!
and ultimately in the end it's whatever works to get the job done.
Still confused. I need to know what to advise others when prescribing this player. Let me be more clear. Can PotPlayer be default using your instructions only without selecting Control Panel? Can it be default by selecting Control Panel only and ignoring your instructions?

Bif

Reaction score
My point Dan is there is more than one way to set a default player in 10..the first that I listed was solely/specifically describing the way to achieve it within the players settings..of course this will differ from different players.
To achieve this within Windows is another way (Windows settings,nothing to do with PotPlayer settings)..
Just to recap the Windows settings:
Open the Settings app and then click on ‘System’. From the ‘System Settings’ section look for Default Apps option in the left side. Scroll down a bit if you do not find the option.
Here you can select the default app for Music files and Movies & TV. Click on Music Player and you will see a list of apps displayed, that can open these files. Select the one you want and click on it.
After you have done this, you will have successfully set the player of your choice as default media player in Windows 10.

If you wish to reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, you can click on the Reset button towards the end.

I hope that clarified thing's...

Reaction score
Right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (admin)
type
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
hit enter
type
exit
reboot
Worked for me.

I have tried this twice but it hasn't worked, I get no error message or anything, just nothing happens, if you happen to have any other options that would be great

Reaction score
I had exactly same problem as moderator 'Trouble'. 2nd DVD was not recognised on my wife's Win 10 Desktop (is it a gender thing !!!!!).
Creating the Registry Key as described by moderator 'Trouble' solved the problem.

Hope he keeps up the good work as this is not the 1st time his solutions have worked for me on Windows 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
is it a gender thing
Possibly... my wife seems to enjoy her own personal cloud of computer issues that, only she seems to encounter.
Glad you found the post useful and appreciate the feedback
Thanks
Randy

Ask a Question