dwm errors

Reaction score
Hello, I was hoping to receive help regarding my issue but want to make sure I go to the right place. I was recently playing a computer game (fallout 4) and during that game a couple error windows popped up. I disregarded them for the moment and kept playing. When I was done I shut the game down as normal and I noticed one of the error windows was called “dwm” and had a longer title but I only remember the dwm part. It was a window only visible on the task bar and would not maximize when clicked. I right clicked and chose to close the window and my monitor immediately went into sleep mode as if not receiving a input signal. When i restart my pc it appears to start fine, showing the windows 10 load screen and then, blank monitor again.

Any help is appreciated so that I may restore my system.

Reaction score
Start the computer and when you see Windows logo, press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down. Do this three times and the fourth time, the computer should start automatic repair. Click on "Advanced Options", then "Troubleshoot".

Ben

Reaction score
Reaction score
Start the computer and when you see Windows logo, press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down. Do this three times and the fourth time, the computer should start automatic repair. Click on "Advanced Options", then "Troubleshoot".

Ben

Yes and then what? There are several options go choose from once I reach that screen. Ive already tried checkdisks from command prompt, starting in low res mode, resetting my pc, the monitor works fine until windows finishes loading and then immediately monitor goes into sleep mode like it loses signal.

Reaction score
These pages explain what it is:
My first actions in such a situation is to shut the computer down and pull the power cord out, let set a minute then plug back in and try again.
and if that doesnt work?

Reaction score
Have you checked Device Manager and the Display adapter for new/updated drivers?

Reaction score
Have you checked Device Manager and the Display adapter for new/updated drivers?
Is that doable through command prompt? The only access I have to the computer is through the windows recovery screen that happens when you restart windows 3 times.

Reaction score
Try using "System Restore" in "Advanced Options". If this can't be done or doesn't help, click "Startup Settings", then use "Safe Mode with Networking". If the computer starts in Safe mode, you may have to manually connect by right-clicking the network icon in the lower-right corner. Start Device Manager, expand "Display Adapters", right-click the display adapter, select "Update Driver", then select "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me select from a list of available drivers on my computer". If one is found, install it and restart the computer.

Ben

Ask a Question