Email about "Windows Live Mail 2012"

Reaction score
My Gmail account works OK but I have a problem getting the Windows 10 mail app set up.

Attachments

• gmail.jpg
    gmail.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 556
Reaction score
That's strange as I had no problem getting the Windows 10 Mail app setup with my Google account.

It is the user interface I don't agree with on the Windows 10 Mail app or I would just use it. But then how long before I'm forced to change again. And then there is the problem of separating email storage from an application that is so integrated into the OS.

Reaction score
I'm not enthused with the interface either. I have 3 email accounts: (e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed) and (e-mail address removed). Can only get one account to show in the Windows 10 mail app and I'm not sure about the password thing. Apparently it wants to change my computer logon password which is not set up as a Microsoft account. At first I tried to set up X@hotmail and didn't enter a password. For some reason XX@outlook showed up instead of X@hotmail. I don't want to mess around and have my Windows logon changed from a local account to a Microsoft account. Seems like the Windows mail app has been a bugger to work with since it was introduced.

Reaction score
I'm on windows 7 and use windows live mail 2012. I don't use Hotmail.com or outlook.com email addresses. Do I have to make any changes?

Reaction score
Everything I've seen says this only applies to Outlook accounts. Other email accounts and newsgroups will still be OK in Windows Live Mail. You shouldn't have to make any changes.

Reaction score
Yeah what Dipsy said. As far as I can see this only effects Outlook.com. It is Outlook.com being changed not WLM.

Reaction score
Thanks. I wasn't in the mood for finding another program. I don't care much for new features that I won't use and if the program works I like to stick with it. I still use ACDsee and PSP6 from 1999.

Ask a Question