Escape key

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to duplicate this key by placing it on to taskbar?

Reaction score
Clicking on the taskbar would remove focus from the application intended for the function. Without focus on an application performing the esc function would be pointless. Try it and you will see. Click the taskbar and then click Esc key on the keyboard. You will see nothing happens.

The only way for this to work is for the application to be capable of receiving external commands. Basically you would be running the executable a second time with additional parameters for commands. Doing this is the only way for Windows to pass commands to the application.

Long story short: It depends on the application you are wanting this capability for. The on-screen keyboard doesn't remove focus, the way clicking any other resource does.

Reaction score
The reason i would like it is, using IPTV Smarters when it is in full screen mode i can not get back to menu without selecting ESC. I operate this from a long distance mouse and therefore cannot get access to ESC without going to laptop. I was hoping i could put ESC on to the task bar.

Ask a Question