Keyboard problems, maybe.

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having problems with what typing what I want as the result is that a browser window may be closed. ll sorts of things. Capital T will open the last browse page in a separate window. A higher case C has just started producing that below the line error and removes what I have just typed. I'm ready to smash this against anything. There are many such issues but I'm too angry right now to list them. I have replaced the keyboard as this happened in Windows 7 as well. No change so I turned all the Sticky keys type functions OFF. Seemed to do the trick for a day but it's all back next day, today. It must have something to do with shortcut methinks as it mostly happens with a capital letter as the first letter of a new sentence.I think that is the best clue. Help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That sounds very much like sticky keys are still enabled, as if you hold down CTRL and/or ALT with some of those letters, the things you described should happen.

To confirm, is sticky keys now disabled and the problem still happening?

Reaction score
That sounds very much like sticky keys are still enabled, as if you hold down CTRL and/or ALT with some of those letters, the things you described should happen.

To confirm, is sticky keys now disabled and the problem still happening?
YES, THAT IS TURNED OFF.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you've tried a new keyboard and sticky keys are disabled, I'm a bit of a loss.

Do you have any software loading on boot that may interfere with your keyboard? If you had the same problem in Windows 7, I'd have guessed at a hardware problem or some software that was moved over during the upgrade (and you've already checked that it's not hardware).

Can you please attach a screenshot of any of the software loading on startup please (the list shown here: https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/manage-startup-programs.1/).

Reaction score
Where di you go to turn them off? Ease of acces in settings?
I cannot see the relevance, but I wonder if it has loaded the correct keyboard? Might be worthe a try uninstalling it through the device manager and rebooting. Unlikely cause, though, as you say it is the same problem in Windows 7.

Ask a Question