Excel date issues

Reaction score
Since installing Windows 10 there seems to be a glitch in the date format in Excel - as it either some columns or some cells revert to US date format despite all attempts to change . Can anyone help ?

Reaction score
Can you elaborate what you mean by "US date format"? I didn't realize there was a difference. Ohh and what version of Excel are you using?

Reaction score
Can you elaborate what you mean by "US date format"? I didn't realize there was a difference. Ohh and what version of Excel are you using?
By US date format I mean month/day/year as opposed to UK format of day/month/year .I am still using Office home 2010 .

Reaction score
From the File Menu select [File > Options > Language]. This window will state which language is defaulted for Excel and allow options to change it.

If it is set to English(U.S.), you will likely want to change it.

Edit: BTW - I'm using the same version of Excel.

Reaction score
From the File Menu select [File > Options > Language]. This window will state which language is defaulted for Excel and allow options to change it.

If it is set to English(U.S.), you will likely want to change it.

Edit: BTW - I'm using the same version of Excel.
Thanks again . I have now changed it to only uk English ( it was on both UK and US ) . However the problem persists . It is a small issue but annoying - the date appears as 12/21/15 in the cell although in the bar above it appears as 21/12/15 ! I t only applies to certain cells which cannot be changed at the moment .

Reaction score
There is only one other place I know to look. That would be under Format Cells in the Date Category for location. This option can be changed for each independent cell. Since you say both Languages were installed the default value for this may have toggled at different points in time. The location doesn't require the language to be installed, but the default location may be based on the installed language (And if there are two). Who knows, I've seen stranger things happen.

Ask a Question