External USB DVD-RW drive

Reaction score
I am at the public library trying to watch a movie with my external usbdvdrw (dell, model GP61NB60). I can see the files, eject the DVD but it does not play. Is it true that windows10 does not play files from an external dvd!?

Reaction score
It does not seem that way. When I want to watch a DVD from my external drive I am presented with only two options: 'Open store' and 'take no action' . It may just be a setting on the computer.
Nevertheless, since you can see the files, just open the folder Video_ts and click on the first *.VOB file. you may be asked which app to open it with. In the time of streaming DVD are getting more and more obsolete and manufacturers adjusting to that....

Reaction score
It seems the DVD is not been Written Correctly,
Try opening the Video app like Windows Media Player or VLC and select File-Open - and browse to This PC and then the DVD Drive, if the DVD is Written Correctly it will play the video if not then we have re-write the DVD or the DVD is bad.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Another vote for VLC media player, it'll play pretty much anything!

Ask a Question