SOLVED Failed resetting my laptop to factory default

Reaction score
Manually check for Windows Updates and see if there is anything pending.
Reboot a couple times.
Have you checked the computer, maybe underneath the battery to see if there is a COA sticker anywhere?
Most factory installs embed the product key in the BIOS.

Sir, this may help.. I contacted a friend to which we have the exact, same identical laptop (because we bought it the same time, same store, same place).. Checking his system.. it says.. Windows 10 Home Single Language.

2ec0ylh.jpg

Assuming that you have a second system that you can use to acquire the installation media.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
Choose Windows 10, the first item in the first drop down (not single language at the bottom)

Remember the instruction above where I should not pick the single language at the bottom? Is this a big deal?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Where can I acquire Acer Recovery discs?

acer_logo.png

Contact us

Send an e-mail
Customer Care
Call Support
UK: 0871-760-1000
Ireland: 0818 202 210
Other numbers and costs
Close

In case you did not create your recovery media or have no recovery media available, please contact our Customer Service for information on how to obtain a set of Recovery Discs.
SOURCE: http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/an...LzEvdGltZS8xNDY4NjYxNzcyL3NpZC9CZjQ0MUZWbQ==#
Depending on your geographical location your "Customer Service" options may be different.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sir, this may help.. I contacted a friend to which we have the exact, same identical laptop (because we bought it the same time, same store, same place).. Checking his system.. it says.. Windows 10 Home Single Language.

2ec0ylh.jpg

Remember the instruction above where I should not pick the single language at the bottom? Is this a big deal?
Yep.....
That may indeed have something to do with the issue.
You may have to go back and download the other ISO
I'm not sure what makes the difference, it must have something to do with geography.

Reaction score
Yep.....
That may indeed have something to do with the issue.
You may have to go back and download the other ISO
I'm not sure what makes the difference, it must have something to do with geography.
Sir, I tried going here.. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench but it seems that the page isn't loading at all.

When i go back to your FIRST reply to me.. once I click the link, it directs me to a long URL, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-bn_Ms3AtU0YksjyiT2sxOg)(), is seems like a code or something. But then again, it just stops loading the page.

2dmi1dg.jpg

Do I need to wait for a certain number of hours or days before I can re-download it again?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Apparently they are down.
No there is no wait time. I suspect with only a few days left to get the free upgrade they may be overwhelmed
OR
They may be resetting the ISO to something a little more recent than Win10_1511_2_English_x64, who knows with "Redstone" close to release we may see that version become available.
Just keep trying, they'll probably pop back up later on.

Reaction score
Apparently they are down.
No there is no wait time. I suspect with only a few days left to get the free upgrade they may be overwhelmed
OR
They may be resetting the ISO to something a little more recent than Win10_1511_2_English_x64, who knows with "Redstone" close to release we may see that version become available.
Just keep trying, they'll probably pop back up later on.

Hi trouble. Thanks.
Is it okey if I keep this thread OPEN, and not SOLVED until I restore my laptop back?

I will definitely keep you posted...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is it okey if I keep this thread OPEN, and not SOLVED until I restore my laptop back?
Sure.... that's sort of the idea.
I noticed that both
Code:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
AND
Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
So something is definitely going on.
All I'm getting is a blank white page, no error and across multiple browsers

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you're minding this thread... it would seem that they are currently working again.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble. A BIG thank you. Seems my laptop is now back in shape. Got the windows 10 activated by itself when I installed the Windows 10 Home Single Language. I am not sure about the drivers, but it seems it has installed by itself. Anyways, again, really appreciate it. More power to you and to the forum.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad you managed to sort things out and thanks for the follow-up.
I was helping another member with a similar issue a month or so ago and he had the exact same problem with activation as you experienced, but...
His, instance was exactly the opposite. He had gone and downloaded the Single Language version and installed it but was not able to activate it (like you) and had to go back and download the other ISO (not single language).

Since then I've been recommending that everyone avoid the Single Language version but evidently it is important to match "exactly" the version with that as a consideration.

I've looked around to try and determine the difference between the normal "Windows 10" ISO and the "Single Language" ISO and can't find anything definitive other than some references to the normal ISO having more "language files" (whatever that might mean) maybe supporting more readily adding Language Packs or changing some input characteristics like keyboard layout and perhaps system fonts.

In any event, it seems that it might be linked to and determined by OEM's based on "geographical" sales targeting similar to if you live in Europe you might have Windows 10 "N" installed (no media player), which evidently is a product of some litigation over the inclusion of Media Player in versions of Windows sold in Europe.
IDK maybe other countries have similar restrictions as a product of local laws, or Microsoft is restricted as to what can be exported to some areas of the world.

Certainly makes the whole process a bit more difficult to diagnose and support.

Ask a Question