File Explorer does not "see" just created documents

Reaction score
I have just upgraded to Win 10 about a week ago. Several times I have looked for recently created documents and could not find them right away. They eventually appeared but they should be there right away.

Example: I saved a docx file and then saved it as a PDF document, but neither file appeared in the folder I saved them to when I wanted to attach it to an email (did not see it in the Mail app client attachment dialog, nor in File Explorer, nor in my business's email web site attach file dialog box). I had the document still open, so I saved it again, in a different folder and then saved a new PDF. Still unable to find it to add it to the email. Eventually, the files both showed up but I had to wait about 10 minutes (I think). Any ideas? I need my files right away! Thanks in Advance.

Reaction score
It Could be related to Onedrive if you are using it?
And is locking the files while it syncs them.
Goto settings > default save locations (type or paste in Find a setting)
also check your Onedrive sync settings.

Reaction score
It Could be related to Onedrive if you are using it?
And is locking the files while it syncs them.
Goto settings > default save locations (type or paste in Find a setting)
also check your Onedrive sync settings.

Not using OneDrive. Checked my storage locations and all are set to my C drive.

Reaction score
Is it only happening in office ?
If so try a repair install of office
try saving a txt file in wordpad to see if its only a office issue

If it s happening with all your apps when saving files.
Then it Could be the delayed write feature being very delayed due to hdd errors or the system maxing the hdd usage out.
try turning it off temporarily to see if it helps.
To do this Right click on the drive in explorer go to the hardware tab select the drive in the list of devices click the "properties" button
then click the "Change settings" button to reveal the policies tab un tick enable write caching on the device.
make sure to turn it back on again if it has a big impact on your systems performance.

Ask a Question