File History drive disconnected

Reaction score
I keep getting over and over the following: "Reconnect your drive. Your file history drive was disconnected for too long. Reconnect it and then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files"

I do not even have file history turned on.

Also I am getting a loud tone about every minute that sounds just like when you connect and hard drive to your computer.

I can't figure out what the problem is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Reaction score
Are you sure it's turned OFF? Besides turning the switch OFF, I believe you have to select "Stop using this drive"

Reaction score
I turn it off but computer turns it back on. Where it says select another drive. All drives are listed but will not
give me the option to select one. You can highlight it but no option to select it.

Then when I go into it it is off again.

Reaction score
That's strange! "All the drives are listed" How many external drives do you have connected.

Reaction score
I have 2 2TB external backup drives. They are listed along with 2 internal ones. I can select one with my
curser and it turns blue but nothing happens. It will not give me any option to accept it.
I had originally chosen my H: which is one of my external back up drives and it still shows that it is the one
selected but says it will not connect to it.

Ask a Question