Firefox on Windows 10

jpk

Reaction score
Any opinions on installing Firefox on my W10 machine? I'm currently using IE/Edge with W10. Any upside? Downside?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
To be honest, it's one of those things where it's worth giving it a go and see what you think of it :). I've got Firefox, Chrome, IE and Edge all installed and occasionally change between them (currently using Chrome).

There isn't as much different between browsers as there used to be, but you may find that the extensive plugins available for FF are useful - or you may appreciate the simplicity and cleanness of Edge.

Give it a whirl and see what you think :D.

Reaction score
I have a complete set of browsers as well. Use Chrome most of the time. Firefox does not have as many plugins as it used to as they now insist on them being signed...which is a good thing. FF certainly works fine on W10

Reaction score
Mozilla is finally getting their act together. I use The Firefox Beta 45 B6 and it works great. I cust down to only the essential extensions. I used to use 24 plus a theme, now the basic theme with a skin and 5 extensions. No more crashes.:)

Reaction score
Any opinions on installing Firefox on my W10 machine? I'm currently using IE/Edge with W10. Any upside? Downside?
Its a bit like which car do you like driving.
As said browsers are all getting their act together finally.
I personally prefer F.F and have been using it for many years it suites my needs.
Edge is fast but very basic which i think will need to improve or get left on the shelf. ;)

Bif

Reaction score
FF is my browser of choice although it is often a resource hog for whatever reason..it's something that has plagued FF for years.Been using Chrome lately just for casting with Chrome cast..no complaints about it.

Reaction score
I thought they were getting their act together but Videos will no longer play on Fox News or CNN. This is with their Fx 45 Beta 7 as well as their released version. Unlike MS, Mozilla does not listen to their customers. This is one reason that their user base is going downhill fast. Chrome does the job for me, it just works and play videos and does not crash. I was a Firefox user from day one with Phoenix but enough is enough.. With Firefox 4 they started to go down.

Reaction score
Could it be that Fox and CNN are still using Flash. I think FF no longer supports Flash, HTML5 only. Try it on Youtube.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
For years, I have been a staunch supporter of Firefox, it was the only browser I would consider using, until......
Both IE and Chrome incorporated the Flash Player into their browser offerings and do not require me to go to Adobe and download and install Flash Player to view Flash objects in webpages.
I promptly divorced Firefox and will not consider returning until they do something similar with their browser.
In Control Panel, Programs and Features, list of installed applications on my main / primary machine there is nothing for or from Adobe installed and never will be.

Reaction score
Trouble I don't think that will happen in Firefox as Flash is being shunned more and more in favour of HTML5 and ( I think) H265 or some similar name.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can't say that I will miss it, when it's entirely gone from the landscape, but there are thousands of websites out there that still use embedded flash elements, so it'll probably be a long time coming.

Reaction score
Some say not so long when the owners of those websites find they just don't work any more...but we shall see.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not good,, as I actually manage 4 such websites. I don't own them but I do manage the content.
I should probably start looking into converting them or purchasing new HTML5 templates.

Reaction score
Trouble, go to arstechnica.com and search for flash html5 Just the two words in the search That will get you some dates when Flash will start to die and articles about some alternatives.

Ask a Question